Public Housing Programs
There are two types of public housing programs available to low-income households looking for federally or state subsidized housing assistance:
Elderly/Disabled Public Housing - the CHA oversees 3 elderly/disabled developments
- The "Margolis" building is our one federal elderly/disabled developments located at 260 Clark Ave is a 13 story high rise building consisting of 151 units
- The "Union Park" development is one of our two state elderly/disabled developments located in several locations: Sixth, Walnut, Orange, and Spruce Street. This development consists of 56 units.
- The "Buckley" Building is a high rise state elderly/disabled building located at 14 Bloomingdale Street consisting of 209 units.
Family Public Housing - the CHA oversees five family developments
- The CHA manages three state developments: Fitzpatrick, Prattville, and Innes consist of 294 units total.
- The CHA manages two federal family developments: Mace and scrivano which consist of 199 units total.
July 2019 - Notice is Hereby Given that as of July 22, 2019, the CHA will open the Waiting Lists for Federal Family Public Housing:
Please note that Federal Family applications will only be accepted from Monday, July 22, 2019 to Wednesday, August 21, 2019. All applications must be received no later than 7 p.m. on Wednesday, August 21, 2019. Applicaions will be available ath the Chelsea Housing Authority, on the CHA Website www.chelseaha.com, or by mail by calling (617) 409-5337.
Click here for more information regarding this Notice (income limits, dates, instructions)
Click here for the Preliminary Application Federal Aided Public Housing form.
There are three types of housing choice voucher programs available to low-income households looking for federally or state subsidized housing assistance:
- Centralized Section 8
- Alternative Housing Voucher Program (AHVP)
- Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program
FORMS and LINKS
State Application CHAMP Form (family, elderly, disabled)
State Application CHAMP Form Spanish (family, elderly, disabled)
How To Apply For State Public Housing Online
Online Application For State Public Housing
State Application AHVP
Federal Preliminary Application
Applicant Change of Status
Applicant Change of Address
Preferences Fact Sheet
Emergency Application Instructions
Checklist of Required Verification Document for Priority Status
Closed Waiting Lists